This was originally written on Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Guess what? I'm still sick!
Since being in the second trimester (which started on November 2nd), I'd noticed a major improvement with fatigue and everything else. But then I woke up on Saturday, November 10th feeling ill and it didn't lessen throughout the day. However, on Sunday & Monday I felt better and so I thought it was just a "one day thing." Instead, I threw up on Tuesday morning and was sick all day, as well as on Wednesday & Thursday, as if nothing had changed from my first trimester. Talk about depressing!!!! Friday I started to feel better and it lasted throughout the weekend and into Monday. Yesterday (Tuesday), however, I was at Wal-Mart and threw up again! AHH.
It was my first time in my entire life for throwing up in public. Fortunately I had made it to my car so I don't think anyone saw me, but it was still embarassing. I had just finished packing my car with groceries and I started gagging. I was like, where in the world did that come from? So I hurriedly sat down and turned on the heat (thinking maybe I was just uncomfortable from the cold--we had a major drop in temp yesterday from 70 degrees to 40; obviously the Midwest winter is here) but I kept gagging. That's when I realized I was going to throw up and I needed to plan how I was going to do it. So I grabbed a sack, emptied it out, and held it the entire way home--as I threw up again at a stop sign.
It was my own fault, though. Remember how I said that I need to have something in my stomach every hour because there is a major connection between a drop in blood sugar and the sickness? Well I admit that since I entered the second trimester I've slacked a bit. Yesterday I was out shopping for 3.5 hrs and didn't bring a snack. The only good thing about this is that all that came up was liquid--but still!
Okay, enough about that. Even though this pregnancy has been difficult and not-so-fun, I am still thankful for this blessing and experience. I'm feeling better today so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend.
Joe and I went to four baby stores over the weekend to price furniture and items for our baby's nursery! Of course everything is way expensive, but the style we like tends to be on the lesser side so that's good. At first we had no idea what we wanted but now we have figured out what we like, so we will probably buy a crib, dresser, and changing table next month.
At this stage everything else is too hard to buy since we don't know the gender. I don't know how people who don't find out do it. I was trying to look at bedding, car seats, strollers, etc. and most patterns are gender-specific so it was way too overwhelming for me at this point. (I'm talking hundreds of choices.) I don't mind yellow and green, but I don't want EVERYTHING to be those colors! Plus, a lot of things actually say "girl" or "boy" on them. I can't wait--just three-and-a-half more weeks. :-)
Anyway, did you know that pregnant women aren't supposed to touch Christmas lights? I bought an extra box yesterday while I was at the store, and happened to read the note under "warnings." I'd had no idea, but apparently they contain lead which can cause birth defects. It's illegal in the state of California. It's so shocking all of the harmful things out there that we would never even think of on our own and are probably exposing ourselves to daily. Like, I also miss eating caesar salads--but those are off limits while pregnant, due to caesar dressing being made with a raw egg. (Apparently it's no different than eating cookie dough--crazy!)
I've gained another two pounds, making a total of seven since I've been pregnant. People who don't see me naked (LOL) still can't tell I'm pregnant. I've heard that with your first pregnancy you're the least likely to show because the uterus has never expanded before. My clothes are still tight but wearable; maternity clothes still too big.
Well it's been an hour-and-a-half since I've eaten so you know what that means: I better head to the kitchen so that I don't have a repeat of yesterday!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Morning sickness still in the second trimester
at
8:44 AM
Labels: morning sickness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment