Monday, November 30, 2009

Meet In Heaven Award!

It's Meme Monday! Sorry I've been out of touch - something is wrong with our computer so I'm hoping Hubby can fix it tonight and then I can get back into blog hopping ASAP!
There are no random acts...We are all connected...You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind...
---(The Five People You Meet In Heaven)

Over the past 16 months that I've had this site, it has made my day to receive several awards. I have truly become friends with bloggers who I have never met in person. I was recently reminded of the book/movie by Mitch Albom: The Five People You Meet In Heaven (if you haven't read/watched it yet, I recommend you do)! I decided to create my own award using the "five you meet in heaven" idea for bloggers who I may not ever meet on earth, but maybe in another place I will! :)

I've limited myself by the number 5, though - I have many more terrific blogger friends, so if you read this post, you can still grab the award and pass it on!!!! The five I chose are because:

Jacris from Mom's Special Diary - She has given me the most awards which means I hardly ever get to return the favor!!! But she is very deserving - not only is she a great blogger but she is a great woman and mother of two girls.

Angela from Our Little Bitty Family - My blog clone! :) We have so many similarities - especially as moms to our sons (born a month apart)! I love seeing all of her cute pictures and reading about her life. I can tell if we lived nearer to each other we would be close friends!

Cascia from Healthy Moms - When I first discovered her site last year I knew I'd found a great source for the topics I research and write about. It was a bonus to be featured as her spotlight blog last November! A few months ago she had her 4th child and her blog was the only source of her family's income (you can read more here) so if you haven't checked out her blog yet, please do and subscribe!

Chris from The Mommy Journey - She is the creator of the terrific meme, Mommy Moments. It was an honor when she featured me as her guest blogger this past August. Keep up the great work, Chris!

Yikes, am I already on #5?! I decided it should be someone I've never given an award to before (you can go to my awards page to see if you've ever been given an award that you missed) - this blogger I actually HAVE met in person (we used to work together at the local radio station), but she just started blogging this month so I'm proud to be her first tag: Mama Brooke!

The rules are easy for passing on this award:

1) Attach the award to your blog post

2) Copy and paste the famous quote from The Five People You Meet In Heaven somewhere in the post

3) Please identify me as the creator of the award (Andrea from Memories As A Mom), and link to the person who sent it to you.

4) Send this to five of your blogger friends to show your appreciation!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

6 comments:

Petula said...

Very cool... Congratulations on getting the award.

I hope everything gets situated with your computer. It's one of those things that has become a necessity - even if we weren't bloggers. :)

Cascia Talbert said...

That is so sweet! Thank you so much, Andrea. I will try to get this up as soon as I can.

Jac said...

Thank you so much Andrea for this award, it really means a lot to me...
I like Mitch Albom The Five People You Meet In Heaven .I read the book and I have been watched the film in youtube...
I will post the award soon :) again thank you!

Chris said...

so cool! i am honored to be included in your list! will post this on the weekend!

Angela said...

Thank you so much for the award!!! It's the first one I've ever gotten so I'm super excited!!! It shows me that you have posted since this one but I can't see it on your blog for some reason. I'm not really sure what's going on but I think something is wrong with my computer:(

Jac said...

Done posting the award thank you so much :)