Friday, June 5, 2009

First Born

Here you go Mommies - it is all about your first-born!

1. Were you married at the time?
Logan was born one week before our fifth wedding anniversary!

2. How did you feel?
I was so ready to go! (My pregnancy seemed to take forever.)

3. How old were you?
27 when I got pregnant, 28 when Logan was born.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
A pregnancy test on Labor Day 9/3/07.

5. Who did you tell first?
Joe and I told his mom 9/7/07 because we were visiting her that weekend for her birthday! (And his sister was there, too.) It was the perfect gift, as she'd been wanting us to have a baby since the minute we walked down the aisle, haha. (We told the rest of our family 9/8/07 & 9/9/07.)

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
YES! There was no way I could have waited, it would have made my pregnancy seem even longer. Instead, it helped the hard times become easier, because it made me bond with Logan before he was even here. :-) Plus, we could prepare!

7. Due date?
May 13, 2008.

8. Did you deliver early or late?
Twenty-five days early (36 weeks+1 day), Logan was born on April 18, 2008.

9. Did you have morning sickness?
ALL DAY SICKNESS. I probably should have gone on medication. It was the worst days of my life--no relief until my 16th week, then thankfully my nausea went away. But, if that's what I had to go through to have this little guy then it was worth it, as this year was the BEST of my life!

10. What did you crave?
I didn't really have serious cravings, except during my last two weeks I had ice cream every single day, sometimes twice a day! (And then I wondered how I gained 7 lbs. one week.) :p

11. Who irritated you the most?
No one. Despite not liking being pregnant, I was actually less hormonal than normal.

12. What was the child's sex?
Male (what we'd always wanted for our first born)!

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
42! Thankfully, I lost 29 in the first week, 35 by two weeks, and the rest by two months without doing anything + five extra pounds which is where I stayed until I stopped breastfeeding after Logan was nine months old.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
No, from Logan's point of view it was an easy, perfect pregnancy.

15. Where did you give birth?
Bergan Mercy Hospital in Omaha, NE--they rocked! I didn't want to leave!

16. How many hours were you in labor?
My contractions started at 3 am.
I was fully dilated at 6 am.
I began pushing at 6:30 am. . .but due to my pelvis and Logan being posterior he didn't come out until 10:30 am! :(

17.Who drove you to the hospital?
Joe.

18.Who watched?
Joe (and my doc & the nurses). (We didn't call our family until after he was born.)

19.Was it natural or c-section?
Natural.

20. Natural or with Drugs?
Natural until 8:30 am then I was told it was either the epidural or a c-section because my doctor had already stuck her entire hand inside me at 7:30 am to try and move Logan (her hand inside me hurt more than anything else during labor) so the only way to avoid forceps or a vaccum or a c-section was to have her do it again, but my muscles needed to be completely relaxed for it to work. Thankfully, it worked! I still consider myself to have had a natural childbirth - I mean, I went through everything including two hours of pushing without the epidural and I never had any meds or pitocin, etc. The epidural wasn't for pain (I practiced hypnobirthing so it never was untolerable), I just didn't want a c-section, vaccum, forceps, or drugs.

21.How much did your child weigh?
7 lbs, 13.7 oz, 20.5 inches long.

22.Did your child have any complications?
Due to my 4-hr pushing phase, Logan was not breathing when he came out and so he had to go to the nicu. He also had jaundice his first week (had to be admitted to the hospital), but fortunately both situations weren't serious!

23.What did you name him/her?
Logan James (the first name came to me when I first became pregnant but didn't know I was; the middle name is after Joe's dad who passed away in 2001).

24. How long did you stay in the hospital?
2 days (Fri 3 AM-Sun 1 PM).

25. How old is your first born today?
It's now April 2009 - so one year old!

3 comments:

Chris said...

great to know more about you! happy weekend!

Chris said...

I like that .. the first step towards labor was finding out you were pregnant on Labor day. :]

Chris said...

Wow .. another Chris :P .. welcome other Chris!