Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eminent Eights

It has been awhile since I've been tagged! Thank you, Jac, from Mom's Special Diary for this Lucky Chinese Tag - it was fun! :-)♥ 8 TV Shows We Like to Watch ♥ (Logan still has no interest in TV so these are the DVDs I have rented this past year to have on in the background as my entertainment while we play)

Brothers & Sisters (I've watched seasons 1 thru 3)
Lost (seasons 1 thru 4 and am watching 5 right now)
Big Love (seasons 1 thru 3)
24 (have watched seasons 1 thru 3)
Nip/Tuck (seasons 1 thru 3)
Medium (seasons 1 thru 5)
48 Hours Mystery (Joe & I actually watch this live because it's on when Logan goes to bed)
American Idol (we've watched this live as well since 2004-season 3)
*P.S. Someday I plan to watch Dr Phil again - it was my fav show until I had Logan, I never missed an episode but now the hour when he's on is Logan's busiest time of the day. Have never really gotten into any other daytime TV; the other Primetime show I used to watch was Law & Order SVU but had to stop once Logan was born. Now I'd be able to watch it again but feel I missed so many episodes, someday I'll catch up on DVD.

♥ 8 Favorite Places to Eat & Drink ♥

--Four with Logan:
The Amazing Pizza Machine
Red Robin
Any buffet
Any fast food restaurant

--Four for Joe & me:
Macaroni's Italian Bar & Grill (although it's no longer located where I live)
Roja Mexican Grill
Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican
Godfather's Pizza

♥ 8 Things I Look Forward To ♥

Warm enough weather to go outside with Logan again every day!
Going on a date with my husband
Working on my novel
Reading
Being caught up on organizing my pictures/albums/Logan's baby book
Being caught up on everything else on my "to do list!"
Spending time with just girl friends
Someday going on another beach vacation with Joe

♥8 Things that Happened Yesterday ♥
(Today is over so I'm doing today instead)
Took a shower, etc.
Did the laundry
Did the dishes
Cooked two meals and baked dessert
Watched TV
Ran one errand
Checked the internet
Hopped around the house with Logan/chased/played hide & go seek and other fun :-)

♥8 Things I Love about Winter ♥

My birthday
Christmas
Being cozy inside where it's warm while watching snow fall outside
Kissing Logan's cute cheeks/nose that turn pink if we're outside for 15 seconds
Drinking hot chocolate
Wearing comfy sweats
Ice Skating
New Year's and Valentine's Day

♥ 8 Things I Am Passionate about ♥

God
Family
Writing
Friends
Photos
Topics relating to babies
Topics relating to animals
Stopping to smell the roses/not wasting life or letting it pass by/living life with joy not stress

♥ 8 Words/Phrases I Often Use ♥

"I love you!" (to Logan and Joe)
"Be careful!" (to Logan)
"Ohmygosh" (to everyone)
"Oh shoot" (although not so much anymore since that turned out to be one of Logan's first words last summer - and the second word in that phrase sounded like he was swearing! :p)
"Joe" (this one I still say a lot even though it was another word Logan picked up because he'd hear me calling Joe all of the time, so ever since then when he wants anyone to come where he is or he's looking for someone he yells, "Joe? Joe!")
"Oh come on, you've got to be kidding" (I find myself saying this sarcastically any time I am frustrated or something is wrong)
"Wow" (I guess I am easily amused because I find this word leaving my mouth often and also writing it often)
"I should work out now. . ."

♥ 8 Things I Learned from the Past ♥
What goes around comes around (karma is real).
Things aren't always what they seem.
Just because you play by all of the rules and do your best doesn't mean you're going to be rewarded with that particular situation.
Some people truly aren't capable of being a friend.
God is real.
Family doesn't really mean anything to some people.
It's better to try and fail than never try at all.
There is truly no better joy in life than having a child! Nothing in this world can even come close to comparing to what it's like to be a mother! What a special & lucky experience!!!!

♥ 8 Blog Friends To Tag ♥
Angela from Our Little Bitty Family
Petula from It's A Woman's World!
Maria from Conversations With Moms
Theta Mom
Anjanette from Momma Young
Meretrisha from A Walk Through Life
Brandy from Happily Blended
Brooke from MamaBrooke

Hope you have fun filling this out, too!

6 comments:

Theta Mom said...

Ok, so my exciting news? I can FINALLY follow blogs again! YAY!!!

Following you and thanks for the cute tag! I enjoyed reading your eights...and you watch all of the shows my husband likes. I, on the other hand, am a total reality tv junkie!

meretrisha said...

Hi, Andrea, thanks for the tag.. Happily complied. You got me busy tagging eight people *wink*
It was fun knowing your eights and doing mine.. (I had a hard time with the winter thing because we don't have any here in the phils.) :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag .... loved reading about you more!

Cascia Talbert said...

What a cute meme! I learn something new about you and your family every time I visit. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading your answers with this tag Andrea. The shoot sounds familiar to me, until now Jake still say that word.

Maria @ Conversations with Moms said...

Thanks for tagging me. Awesome.

I agree about Nip/Tuck, the earlier seasons were the best ones.